This week, we’re welcoming back blogger Marilyn Tycer. Marilyn is a graphic designer and blogger, and we’ve asked her to share some of her tips for bloggers.
Advice for Bloggers: Rule #2
Be a team player.
The blogging world is not a one way street. Take advantage of all that blogs can offer by communicating with other bloggers. One of the great things about blogs is that they are personal and unique—share that special point of view with others, and encourage them to share their point of view with you/your readers!
- See what’s already out there! It can provide inspiration.
- Provide quality comments on other blogs, and reply to comments on your own blog. This is how you build a following.
- Ask established bloggers to write guest posts for your blogs. And write guest posts for others’ blogs!
- When making comments on other blogs, be sure to include your blog address in the comment form! Consider using the format “Name @ ABCD blog” for your comment signature.
- Keep it classy. Avoid racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive remarks, on your blog or when commenting. If you wouldn’t have it published on the front page of the newspaper, don’t publish it as a blog post or a comment.
More free business writing tips from Gail Tycer are available here, and information about Gail’s Effective Email, and other business writing workshops is available here.
© 2013 Gail Tycer • www.GailTycer.com